Find a Plumber in Philadelphia
Are you trying to find a plumber in Philadelphia?
We can help you find a local, licensed plumbing professional!
Enter your information into the form to be connected with licensed plumbers in the State of Pennsylvania, and the city of Philadelphia.
At the present time, Pennsylvania does not require plumbers to be licensed - however, a plumbing license is usually required at the local level.
Any major plumbing project in Philadelphia needs a permit, and a licensed plumber. This is to ensure that all fixtures and installations conform to local construction and sanitation standards. To pull a plumbing permit, you must either be the homeowner or a licensed plumber. If your plumber asks you to pull your own permit, it’s a red flag that your plumber may not be licensed.
You need a plumbing permit for:
* New Construction
* Residential Additions (except one or two family)
* Renovations in residences made up of five dwellings or more
* Any renovation of spaces larger than 2000 square feet.
* Site drainage
You do not need a plumbing permit for:
* Minor repairs, including fixture replacement or repair.
* Complete bathroom remodeling, not including any alterations to valves, fixtures, or pipes.
* Sewer lateral sealing, for building demolitions.
* Leak detection and repair, not including pipe replacement.
* Clearing and unclogging leaks in pipes, fixtures or valves, without replacing or rearranging.
For more details about plumbing permits in Philadelphia, visit the City of Philadelphia’s Business Services website.
Our Philadelphia plumbers cover Philadelphia County, Montgomery County, Bucks County, Chester County, and Delaware County.